Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Merry Heart is Good Medicine

Proverbs 17:22 (King James Version)

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

Proverbs 17:22 (New International Version)

A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

Welcome! This proverb is my very favorite, it is one I try to keep in my heart and mind every day. I'm one of those crazy optimists who like to see the good in things, in circumstances and in people. It can be tough sometimes to maintain a positive outlook when it seems as though there is some pervasive spirit that is determined to gloom up everything in its path. That's why some days I feel like I am living Pollyanna in an Eyore world. This blog is to be another weapon in my arsenal in my quest to spread the happy wherever I can. The world is desperately in need of more happy. We need more merry hearts and less dried up bones.


2 comments:

  1. A favorite verse, and song.

    Thanks for the link!

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joan. I am on a Holy Quest to eradicate the spirit-crushing, bone-drying attitude and atmosphere wherever possible. Most especially in the House of the Lord which is supposed to be all about the Good News and in the lives of the senior saints I get to hang out with. It sure ain't an easy task in a world filled with Scrooges and Eyores but this Pollyanna is on Mission From God.

    ReplyDelete